Monday, July 16, 2012

Neat and Tidy

I've never been a neat and tidy person . Sometimes I feel like I crave chaos , it feels comfortable in an uncomfortable way .
  I dream of being one of those moms with a large family whos' super organized having everything labeled and put away right where it belongs . So , I'll go crazy and clean the laundry room for four hours only to have it all piled on top of the dryer two weeks later . I've gone through stages when my house was kept really clean but I found I didn't have time to play with the kids , and do the other things I enjoy . By the time I was done cleaning from floor to ceiling feeling anxious the entire time , I was exhausted .
  Lately I have been scouring other gardeners blogs , I'm especially interested in seeing photos about the process in which their  garden grows .Its so interesting to me to see others artistic talents .It helps me to look at things a different way . Are you a " neat and tidy" gardener, does everything have a place , Is it well planned out ahead of time  ? Or are you more like me , I'm a spur of the moment gardener . I see something in a greenhouse , store , or online and decide I have to have to have it , Get home find an empty place in my garden , plop it in and hope it flourishes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't .
   I don't always have a ton of extra cash for gardening and I suppose I could be planning things out better , But the impatience in me wins out most of the time .Maybe someday when I'm retired and my kids have grown and moved out  ( insert crying jag here ) my house may be clean , It may be well planned out , But I'm kind of hoping I'll be one of those quirky , artsy grandmas . Slightly unorganized but fun .

No comments:

Post a Comment